Air Purifiers for Pets Odor & Dander
Alen's customized solutions for pet allergies feature HEPA-OdorCell filtration to capture pet dander, dust and pet odors in your home. These recommended air purifiers for pets also feature a Pre-Filter layer to collect larger pet dander particles and pet hair, extending the life of the HEPA filter. For heavier pet odors, like urine or other accidents, we suggest the HEPA-OdorCell Filter which neutralizes heavy pet odors at a molecular level. Alen HEPA Air Purifiers for pets are a great solution to keep your home smelling fresh and relieve pet allergy symptoms.
You love your pet wholeheartedly, but when your pet impacts your indoor air quality, you need an air purifier for pets. If your friends or family members have pet allergies, any pet dander or other particles from your four-legged friend can trigger an allergic reaction. This is a common concern since as many as 30% of Americans have a pet allergy. Other allergens like dust and pollen can collect on pet hair that becomes airborne and lingers there for hours.
Pet odors and airborne allergens can be persistent and stick around for even longer. You might be considering an air purifier for pets to limit the presence of these airborne contaminants, but with so many different air purification technologies to choose from, you may not know to pick the model that will help you and the people you care about breathe easier. Find out how to select the right air purifier for your homes' square feet and eliminate pet smells from your home
Can an Air Purifier Work on Pet Dander and Odors?
Pet odors can be embarrassing and challenging to address at the source. You may not always be able to stop every odor at the source. There may be times when it’s difficult to keep up with grooming your pet and cleaning the spaces where it hangs out. That’s where any purifier can help.
Portable air purifiers or air cleaners can filter out particles and gases, including pet dander and smells, from the air inside your home. Not all filters can adequately remove these airborne contaminants, though. You need to look for the right types of air purifiers and filters to eliminate pet pollutants and reduce allergy symptoms.
True HEPA Filtration
Medical-grade True HEPA filters are a popular type of filter used in mechanical air cleaners that can eliminate 99.97% of airborne particles with a size of 0.3 microns. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air. HEPA air purifiers are the most effective for removing common allergens, which is why allergists recommend them for allergy sufferers.
Pet owners may need to change their HEPA filter more frequently. The filter captures the pet hair and skin cells that can accumulate quickly, and if you do not replace the filter often enough, these particles can clog the filter or get released back into the air.
One way to address this problem is to look for mechanical air purifiers with a Pre-Filter layer for capturing a larger particle like pet hair. A Pre-Filter layer can help your HEPA filter last longer and work more efficiently. When you see your pet’s fur building up on the Pre-Filter, simply use the nozzle attachment on your HEPA vacuum cleaner to remove it. Leave this task to someone in your household who is not allergic to pets.
Ionizers are electrical devices that cause particles to stick together, enlarging them and making them easier for the device to trap. The ionizer does this by emitting positive and negative charges into the air.
One drawback of this type of air filtration is that it can generate unsafe levels of harmful ozone. However, you can find air purifiers that are certified to produce negligible amounts of ozone.
Additionally, ionizers lack a fan, meaning that large pockets of air where your furry friend’s dander is circulating may not be addressed. Mechanical air purifiers with powerful fans and optional ozone-safe ionizers can solve this problem. They provide robust air filtration, offering all the benefits of an ionizer with none of the drawbacks.
You can rely on a HEPA air purifier and ionizers to clear the air of your pet’s particles, but these air purification methods are not enough to target pet odors. When your dog is in between baths, or you haven’t had a chance to wash his bedding, the right air filtration system can help. Activated carbon filters effectively reduce strong pet odors, and they will also remove volatile organic compounds that can be harmful to your health. Look for a HEPA filter with activated carbon to ensure that your mechanical air filter can remove both particles and odors.
Other Tips for Eliminating Pet Dander and Smells
Pet odors happen, and when they do, air purifiers with the right filtration system can help. There are other things you can do to stop pet dander and odors before they start. Follow these tips to minimize the signs of your four-legged friend.
- Use an enzyme-based cleaner for pet accidents. Even when you thoroughly clean a pet accident, trace amounts remain that can cause smells and attract your dog to eliminate in the same spot. Special enzyme-based cleaners get rid of the scent.
- Bathe and brush your pet regularly. Frequent baths keep your pet smelling fresh, and regular brushings reduce the amount of hair on which allergens can collect. People with pet allergies should not groom their animals.
- Choose beds with washable covers. Pet bedding is another surface on which hair and smells can accumulate. Beds with removable, washable covers make it easier to keep your pet’s favorite spot clean.
- Clean toys, food bowls, collars, and leashes. Your pet interacts with these items frequently, making them a potential source for dander and smells.
- Limit the pet’s activity area. If anyone in your household has pet allergies, their bedroom should be off-limits to your dog or cat. You can even limit your pet to one or two rooms in your home, minimizing the square feet you need to clean.
- Clean floors with a HEPA vacuum cleaner, and steam the carpets often. Pet allergens and pet smells can get trapped in your flooring, where they can get kicked up into the air.
Alen’s True HEPA Air Purifiers for Pet Dander
At Alen, we take pet allergens and odors seriously. That’s why we offer top-rated True HEPA air purifiers that can improve indoor air quality.
- The Pre-Filter layer collects large pet particles like pet hair and captures 99.99% of particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- Our HEPA-OdorCell Filter neutralizes strong pet odors at the molecular level using nontoxic technology.
- Optional ozone-safe ionizers remove pet allergens and are certified by the California Air Resources Board to produce ozone emission concentrations less than 0.050 parts per million.
- Our powerful, high-speed fans force air through the filter quickly.
- We design our air purifiers for continuous, nonstop use to maximize air filtration.
- Energy-star certified, which benefits the environment and your electricity bill.
- Laser sensor technology auto-adjusts fan speed when airborne particles are present.
- LED color rings indicate real-time air quality.
- Whisper-quiet air filtration and sleep mode.
- Thousands of five-star customer reviews.
- Every air purifier comes with a lifetime warranty if you register the product and use our filter subscription service.
Breathe easier by shopping Alen True HEPA Air Purifiers for pets today!