COVID-19 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In these uncertain times, the Alen team is committed to your wellbeing. That includes providing clear information about how air purifiers can and cannot protect you from coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition to the information below, you can find even more detailed data in our recent COVID-19 blog.
*IMPORTANT: if you believe that you or someone in your household might have COVID-19, take immediate action by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Alen does not offer medical advice. Consult your doctor or a medical professional with healthcare questions.
- YES. True HEPA filtration can effectively capture virus particles, according to 3rd party lab testing. But NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.
- For schools and businesses, HEPA air purifiers are recommended by the CDC and EPA alongside other safety measures as “part of a plan to protect people indoors.”
- With a heightened focus on prevention, we think air purifiers also support your body’s most important tool for fighting viruses—a healthy immune system.
- Yes. Independent tests show Alen BreatheSmart purifiers can quickly and effectively remove airborne virus particles.
- In bioaerosol testing by LMS Labs using a live FDA-approved COVID-19 proxy (MS-2 bacteriophage), the Alen BreatheSmart 75i removed over 99% of virus particles from a 1,050 ft3 test chamber within 20 minutes
No, not directly… But virus particles trapped by a True HEPA filter will lose their infectiousness (or die) within three days once isolated outside a host, according to Harvard Health.