After you have had your Alen Air Purifier for several weeks, we hope you are experiencing the difference breathing pure, healthy air can bring to your life and home. Along with an air purifier, there are also complementary practices you and your family can do to ensure you have the highest level of air quality possible.
1. Upon entering your home, remove your shoes to prevent outdoor allergens, like pollen, from coming indoors. This can also result in less sweeping and dusting.
2. Consider using natural cleaning agents, like baking soda and white vinegar. This will limit your exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds, which the EPA states can cause a variety of health issues.
3. Be sure to use your air purifier in the bedroom, where you spend one-third of your life. To provide whole house coverage, consider purchasing additional units to place in other high traffic areas of your home.
4. Alen recommends running your air purifiers continuously. While you are at home, levels 1 or 2 may feel most comfortable. Levels 3 or 4 can be used to increase cleaning power while you are out of the house—especially on days when pollen counts are high.
5. If you have an Alen A350 Air Purifier, check if larger particles have collected on the black, Prefilter layer then lightly vacuum or rinse.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact an Alen Product Specialist 800-630-2396 to ensure you receive the great benefit from your Alen Air Purifier.